Monday, November 1, 2010

The Survivor

Did I mention that...I'm in a play? Well, I am! The play is The Survivor by Susan Nanus, which chronicles the life of Holocaust survivor Jack Eisner. The piece focuses on Eisner's time in the Warsaw Ghetto, where he risked his life smuggling food and fighting in the Jewish Resistance at the tender age of fifteen. I play the central character's love interest, Halina.

The play premiered on Broadway in the 1980's. The version I am performing in has been reworked, and the cast was able to interact with the playwright throughout the process.

The Survivor is directed by Doug Kaback and opens this Saturday at the Electric Lodge Theatre in Venice, right on Electric Avenue behind Abbott Kinney. That means you don't even have to make plans about where to go out after!

Tickets are available HERE

Hope to see you in the audience!

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment